Sale Date: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 11:00 AM
Day 2: Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 11:00 AM
Welcome to “Drama, Action, Romance: The Hollywood Auction.” We proudly offer an incredible selection of material spanning the silent era to modern film, including select pieces from television and music.
Here is just a glimpse of what awaits you within these pages:
- Exceptional archive of vintage photographs and camera negatives of Hollywood’s greatest stars of the Golden Age taken by some of the most revered photographers in Hollywood, including Ernest A. Ba- chrach and Alfred Cheney Johnston.
- Incredible archive of Theda Bara costumes and jewelry from Cleopatra (1917) and some of her other films.
- Remarkable collection of photographs from Alfred Hitchcock’s lost silent films: The Mountain Eagle and The Manxman, plus a suite of (34) oversize photographs from North by Northwest.
- Important archive of photography of Marilyn Monroe and other stars from the estate of John Florea – heralded photographer of Life magazine and Collier’s.
- The original Mitchell BNC #206 motion-picture camera used to film The Misfits – Marilyn Monroe and Clark Gable’s last complete film.
- An unprecedented and wide selection of James Bond film posters spanning 007’s 50 years in film.
- George Lazenby’s “James Bond” Rolex Chronograph worn in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.
- The Clifford Essex Paragon De Luxe guitar used to create the famous “James Bond” theme in Dr. No.
- The original “Gort” robot head from the classic science-fiction epic, The Day the Earth Stood Still.
- Bram Stoker’s original desk, upon which he wrote his seminal horror novel, Dracula.
- A marvelous selection of items from the Star Wars franchise, including an original X-Wing Fighter miniature.
- Harrison Ford’s “Indiana Jones” revolver from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Kate Winslet’s signature “jump dress” from James Cameron’s epic, Titanic.
- Orlando Bloom’s hero “Legolas” bow from The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- Leonard Nimoy “Mr. Spock” second-season velour Starfleet tunic from Star Trek: The Original Series.