Profiles in History is committed to ensuring that this Web site is accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please contact us, as we are continually striving to improve the experience for all visitors.
This website endeavors to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
If for any reason you cannot access any of the material on our Web site, please contact us and we will work to resolve the problem.
- All pages use HTML 5.0
- All pages use appropriate heading tags and paragraph tags
- Main navigation is properly coded with text available for screen readers when an image or icon is used.
- Drop down main navigation menus use “Tab” to move from major heading to major heading, with arrow keys to access drop down submenus.
- Wherever possible, links are written that make sense out of context.
- Links have either text that explains what they’re linking to, or a title tag to help the user understand the link target.
- All content images used on this site include descriptive ALT attributes
- Wherever possible color brightness and illuminosity meet WCAG level 2 standards.
- Current page focus is highlighted in contrasting colors.
Disclaimer regarding third party applications
Some applications (apps) made available for functionality on this website/application are provided by third-parties unaffiliated with Profiles in History. Profiles in History (www.profilesinhistory.com) makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the conditions and use of, accessibility, code compliance, ADA compliance of any application used on profilesinhistory.com. Profiles in History makes no representations about the functionality, accuracy, availability, quality, completeness, validity or non-infringement of third party rights of any product or application used on profilesinhistory.com. Profiles in History does not warrant or endorse and does not assume, nor will it have, any liability or responsibility to any person or legal entity regarding the functionality, accuracy, availability, quality, completeness, validity or non-infringement of third party rights of any product or application used on profilesinhistory.com.