Sale Date: Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 11:00 AM PDT
Day 2: Monday, July 29, 2013 - 11:00 AM PDT
Welcome to Hollywood Auction 56. We have spent the good part of the year assembling this incredible selection of material, spanning the silent era to modern film, which we proudly present to you.
Here is just a glimpse of what awaits you within these pages:
- Extraordinary vintage contact prints produced by Richard Avedon for Marilyn Monroe.
- Charlie Chaplin’s personal “The Tramp” bamboo cane used in Modern Times.
- Important selection of material from GoneWith theWind,including the screen-used matte painting of“Tara” used in the opening sequence of the film.
- Judy Garland early “Dorothy” dress from The Wizard of Oz.
- The world’s largest collection of signature costumes of Julie Andrews and the “Von Trapp” Children from The Sound of Music.
- Original “Nautilus” crewmember dive helmet from Disney’s 1954 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
- Unprecedented offering of United Artists poster artwork, including Moby Dick and The Great Escape.
- Steve McQueen’s iconic screen-used tweed sports jacket worn during “the best car chase in film history” in Bullitt.
- James Bond’s documented Walther pistol used by Sean Connery in publicity shots for four James Bond films.
- James Bond 007 BD-5J Acrostar jet screen-used in the incredible opening sequences of Octopussy.
- Mid-gradeType-2 Phaser pistol from StarTrek:The Original Series.
- Sylvester Stallone’s “John Rambo” survival knife and sheath screen-used in First Blood.
- Hero working “V.I.N.CENT” robot from Disney’s The Black Hole.
- Henry Thomas’ personal script and key “Elliott” wardrobe pieces worn in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.
- Wonderful selection of Star Wars creatures, weapons and puppets.
- Harrison Ford “Indiana Jones” signature whip and fedora hat from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Paul Reuben’s “Pee-wee” bicycle from Pee-wee’s Big Adventure.
- Julia Roberts’ hero pearl earrings worn in seven scenes in Pretty Woman.
- Al Pacino’s “little friend” grenade launcher from Scarface.
- Bernard Hill “Capt. Smith” uniform from Titanic (1997).
- Key set pieces, puppets and artwork from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- An amazing assemblage of over 50 costumes and props from the Warner Bros. Corporate Archive Collection.