Sale Date: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - 11:00 AM PST
Day 2: Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 11:00 AM PST
Day 3: Friday, July 1, 2016 - 11:00 AM PST
We have put forth great effort in gathering the finest items of their kind – spanning the silent era to modern film, as well as the costumes and props from the dawn of television up through the latest popular programs.
Among the offerings in this catalog are suites of memorabilia from the collection of Hollywood icon Marvin Paige spanning his decades in the industry and including vintage photographs, posters, scripts, ephemera, signed books, and more. Also in these pages you’ll find the complete archive of beloved dealer and collector Eric Caidin’s Hollywood Book and Poster inventory including 100s of 1000s of photos, slides, scripts and posters. You will also be treated to some of the finest examples of movie model making art in the pieces offered from legendary Academy Award winning FX artist Grant McCune spanning his days at ILM, Apogee and McCune Design. And in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Star Trek, we’re offering the finest and most extensive collection of The Original Series costumes we’ve ever assembled, plus extraordinary offerings from the Star Trek feature films and The Next Generation.
Following is just a glimpse of what else awaits you within these pages:
- A large selection of Bettie Page material from Irving Klaw, some sold with copyright.
- Bettie Page’s personal custom made Italian leather pumps the style of which came to bear her name in popular culture.
- Early Academy Awards given to Darryl F. Zanuck for How Green Was My Valley and a pristine Oscar trophy given to Arthur Johns for his special sound FX work on Wonder Man.
- Ben Turpin’s personal handwritten and unpublished autobiography.
- Marilyn Monroe’s showgirl costume worn atop a pink elephant at Madison Square Garden.
- Jackie Coogan’s “Uncle Fester” coat from The Addams Family.
- The Lucille Ball iconic I Love Lucy polka dot “master dress” by EloisJenssen.
- A selection of remarkable animation pieces including vintage Walt Disney and a rare Dr. Seuss sculpture.
- Earth vs. the Flying Saucers “solidified electricity” alien spacesuit.
- Vintage superhero “Captain America” and “Captain Marvel” costumes from the Republic Pictures serials..
- An X-Wing Fighter miniature from Star Wars – Episode IV: A New Hope.
- The Spaceballs “Eagle 5” Winnebago miniature filming model.
- Daniel Craig’s “James Bond” Tuxedo from Spectre.
- An extremely rare, one of only 3 known, style “C” The Wizard of Oz 1-sheet poster.
- A complete Arnold Schwarzenegger “Terminator” display figure with screen used costume.
- Never before offered selection of iconic weapons and props from legendary prop builders Modern Props.
- Patrick Stewart’s personal collection of “Jean-Luc Picard” annotated scripts from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Original 1960s-era “Cyberman” helmet from Doctor Who.
- Original prop Headpiece to the Staff of Ra from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- An extensive selection of iconic props, and production materials from Lost including a near complete set of production scripts
These examples represent a mere fraction of the pieces offered in this sale. We are certain there is something here for everyone, and we hope you enjoy perusing the catalog. Our staff is available to answer any questions you may have. Also keep in mind that we are happy to assist those who are interested in consigning. Please contact us anytime via phone and email, anddon’t forget to visit our website, Facebook and Twitter pages for regular updates.
Thank you for participating and good luck!