Sale Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 11:00 AM PST
Profiles in History is proud to announce The Azarian Collection is going up for auction. It’s the most important collection of classic TV and superhero artifacts in existence. The auction will be December 17th in Los Angeles.
Auction preview by appointment only, call: 310-859-7701 or email: [email protected]
John Azarian is the founder and curator of the Azarian Collection, which you can see at theazariancollection.com. As a child of the 60s and a fan of nosalgia, John began collecting iconic items from the shows and movies he loved in his youth. Some of his favorite childhood memories include the superb television shows of the 1960s, like his favorite TV show, Batman, starring Adam West and Burt Ward.
Azarian recalls his mother plopping him in front of the TV to watch the superhero sitcom while she would make dinner for the family. His favorite part of the show was the Pop Art-inflected fight scenes. Because he couldn’t yet read, his mother would recite the onomonapeiac words in the eye-catching comic book bubbles: “POW”, “ZAP”, “ZOK”, etc. Somehow, he always knew when she was making up her own sound effects and would demand the correct word!
In the approximate thirty years since his collection was born, he has been fortunate to acquire many one-of-a-kind, iconic treasures. Sources included actors, studios, fellow collectors and auction houses. It’s now one of the largest collections of its type in the world and much of it is going up for auction.
The highlight of the collection just so happens to be the first items he ever purchased, coincidentally, from Profiles in History.
- The only known pair of complete costumes from The Dynamic Duo, Adam West’s “Batman” and Burt Ward’s “Robin” from the original 1960s TV series, Batman.
- Adam West’s “Bruce Wayne” Shakespeare bust with hidden switch that opens the entrance to the Batcave from Batman.
- Adam West’s “Batman” hero working Batmobile Batphone from Batman.
- William Shatner’s “Captain James T. Kirk” wraparound tunic from Star Trek: The Original Series.
- William Shatner’s “Alternate Universe Cpt. James T. Kirk” tunic from Star Trek: The Original Series, episode “Mirror, Mirror”.
- Leonard Nimoy’s “Evil Spock” tunic from Star Trek: The Original Series, episode: “Mirror, Mirror”.
- The I Dream of Jeannie signature Genie bottle.
- “Jupiter 2” spaceship filming miniature from Lost in Space.
- “Space Pod” filming miniature Lost in Space.
- Henry Winkler’s “Arthur ‘Fonzie’ Fonzarelli” signature leather jacket from Happy Days.
- Jeff Conaway’s “Kenicki” signature “T-Birds” jacket from the “Greased Lightnin'” musical number in Grease
- Lynda Carter’s “Wonder Woman” signature superhero ensemble from Wonder Woman.
- Barbara Eden’s “Jeannie” signature pink harem costume from I Dream of Jeannie.