Sale Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 11:00 AM PDT
Day 2: Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 11:00 AM PDT
The words “icon” and “legend” are oftentimes overused in today’s society, but one would be hard pressed to find better descriptors for the assemblage of extraordinary costumes, props and relics present in this monumental sale.
From the silent era up through Hollywood’s Golden Age, we have artifacts from all the major stars, including Cecil B. DeMille, Marlene Dietrich, Carole Lombard, Clark Gable, Errol Flynn, Judy Garland, Sir Laurence Olivier, James Cagney, Edward G. Robinson, Charlton Heston, Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, James Stewart, and Marilyn Monroe.
Following is just a glimpse of the items awaiting you in these pages that left indelible marks in film and television history:
• “SS Venture” steamship filming miniature from King Kong (1933).
• “Dorothy Gale” scene specific screen used black and white gingham pinafore from The Wizard of Oz.
• 20th Century-Fox President Spyros Skouras’s Best Picture Academy Award for Gentleman’s Agreement.
• Orson Welles “Charles Foster Kane” coat from Citizen Kane.
• Marilyn Monroe “Clara” nightgown from A Ticket To Tomahawk.
• Property from the estate of Martin Landau including his Golden Globe awards for Mission: Impossible and Ed Wood.
• The very first Emmy Award for “Best Film Made for Television” ever presented.
• Original “Dragula” coffin dragster from The Munsters and Munster, Go Home!
• Original Type-2 Phaser Pistol used in the Star Trek: TOS episode “Plato’s Stepchildren” – from the
collection of Nichelle Nichols.
• Luke Perry “Dylan McKay” high school student ID from Beverly Hills 90210.
• Elizabeth Taylor “Cleopatra” Egyptian coronation gown from Cleopatra.
• Sean Connery “James Bond 007” Moon Buggy from Diamonds Are Forever.
• “Moonraker 5” space shuttle filming miniature from Moonraker.
• Bruce Lee extraordinary autographed personal statement titled, “My Chief Definite Aim”.
• David Prowse “Darth Vader” screen used signature mask and helmet from Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back.
• Tom Skerritt “Dallas” space suit from Alien.
• Screen used iconic DeLorean Crash Car and hood-mounted “time travel component box” from
Back to the Future Part III.
• “City Destroyer” spaceship filming miniature from Independence Day.
• Wesley Snipes “Blade” 1968 Dodge Charger from Blade.
• Leonard DiCaprio “Jack” and Kate Winslet “Rose” screen worn costumes from Titanic.
• Daniel Radcliffe signature “Harry Potter” glasses from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
These few examples represent the tip of the iceberg of this sale, which is so incredibly broad in scope and importance that mere words can only hint at its magnitude.
Thank you for participating and good luck!
Joe Maddalena and the PIH Team